School selection consultancy service
Our School Selection consultants advise parents and children on choosing the right school
Every child is unique. From how they learn, to how they perceive the world and interact with others, to how they imagine their futures, all children are different. Therefore, all children and young people deserve a school where they can thrive and reach their potential. Parents now worry more than ever before about how to make sure their child’s experience at school is a happy and fulfilling one. Fleet Education Services’ School Selection Consultancy can help. It is generally agreed that school is one of most influential factors in a child’s life and in many cases one of the more significant financial decisions you will make. Our School Selection Consultancy gives parents comprehensive advice and support in guiding them throughout the complicated and sometimes stressful process of choosing independent (or selective state) school for their children.
Fleet Education Services’ School Consultancy works on behalf of the family to choose the school which is right for your child. Unlike some other schools consultancies, we do not accept fees from schools, so our advice is objective and impartial. While we have excellent relationships and deep understanding of the ethos and aims of many different schools, our overriding goal is to find the school that is most suited for the individual child, rather than the other way around.
Why use a School Consultant?
- You would like the reassurance you are making the very best decision for your child.
- You simply do not have the time and/or knowledge to go through the whole process on your own.
- You are moving to a new location in the UK or maybe moving to the UK from overseas.
- You live internationally and would like your child to board in the UK.
- You are trying to decide between state and independent education.
- You are confused by “the system” as you are new to the independent sector.
- You realise that choosing schools is much more complicated and time consuming than when you were a child and simply need help.
- Your child is not thriving at his or her current school.
- You would like an unbiased, second opinion on what school is right for your individual child.
- Your child has special needs.
- Your child is gifted.
Whatever your reasons, we recognise that this is one of the most important decisions you will make in your child’s life.
What does our School Selection Consultancy Service involve?
In-depth meeting between parents and schools consultant
The service starts with a meeting in person or telephone/Skype conversation with one of our schools consultants. The purpose of this meeting is to get a full picture of the parent’s and child’s requirements. This meeting can include the child or young person, when appropriate.
This discussion will initially seek to gain an understanding of the academic, social, and emotional needs child including:
- academic ability
- interests- sports, music, art, drama etc.
- strengths and weaknesses
- special needs
- attributes parents would like to see developed in the child (e.g. confidence, leadership, attention span, teamwork, kindness, assertiveness etc.)
- aspirations of the parents for their child
This discussion will include defining a range of criteria which include but are not necessarily limited to:
- age of entry (4/7/8/11/13/16+) or whether options exist for entry at alternate times
- coed or single sex; day or boarding
- academically selective or mixed ability
- culture and ethos of school desired (traditional, progressive, alternative etc.)
- independent or state school
- urban, suburban or rural campus
Carefully tailored list of recommended schools
The schools consultant then uses the information obtained in the meeting to create a carefully tailored list of recommended schools which she feels best meet the needs of the child. Sometimes the parents are happy at this stage to narrow down the list themselves through reading prospectuses, websites, schools guides etc. and making phone calls to determine vacancies and arrange visits. If this is the case, the schools consultant is available at all stages to discuss choices, provide advice on application approaches, preparation for entrance tests, interviews and to guide them until the offer of a place is secured.
Consultant-led school search
Some parents, especially those who are overseas, or who are extremely busy, choose to have the consultant contact schools on their behalf, determine whether vacancies are available and discuss the child and family with the school.
Some schools consultants are also available to accompany parents and children on visits to the schools themselves. Parents find it is useful to have an objective second opinion on whether the school is right for their child and visiting the school with the family can facilitate the discussion.
For further information on our School Selection Consultancy service telephone 01252371731 or email email@example.com